Welcome to Owls Class
Mr Lloyd - Class Teacher Mrs Pearce - Teaching Assistant
Welcome to Owls Class. This PowerPoint will give you lots of information about Owls Class.
We plan and deliver an exciting integrated Curriculum.
Our Curriculum is a structured framework of half termly themed Learning Units for each primary school year group. It covers Foundation subjects, RE and Science and is fully mapped to cover the National Curriculum requirements.
This approach allows teachers to be creative whilst providing them with the support and framework that is needed for a consistently delivered and planned whole-school curriculum. This ensures that the National Curriculum is being covered and that our learners and teachers go home every day excited and buzzing about their day.
Each half term we provide parents with Curriculum Knowledge Organisers so that you are aware of what your children will be learning. These are available by clicking on the links below:
This year (2023-2024) our main topics will be:
- The Ancient Egyptians
- Vikings and Anglo Saxons
Cycle 2 (2023-2024) Knowledge Organisers Autumn Term
- Forces and Magnets Science LKS2.pdf
- Sound knowledge organiser Science LKS2
- Railways LKS2 History.pdf
- LKS2 Geography Railways.pdf
Weekly homework tasks include:
- Daily reading of up to and beyond 30 minutes per day.
- Practise times tables using chanting, Purple mash games, times tables books etc.
- Practise the weekly spellings for your year group.
- Complete activities from the Homework Grid - a new grid is uploaded each term.
Songs for Easter performance:
YouTube - You will be found
YouTube - When you believe
YouTube- Go the distance